I am Gary Knott, an experienced expert in Excel, data analytics and related training
I have more than 25 years of professional experience including over 20 years at Deloitte in Germany and England and since 2015 as the founder of Knott Consulting. I also have two years’ experience as a Bank Controller at American Express and another two years as financial controller in the travel industry, so I know “your side of the fence”.
- Business Modelling and Tools: I have developed numerous flexible planning and financing models and tools for clients.
- Model Reviews: I have reviewed many complex models and identified errors and potential for improvement.
- Data Analytics: I have conducted numerous data analyses and identified new insights for business optimisation.
- Excel training: I have developed and delivered many Excel courses, workshops and modelling training courses.
I am keen to raise the standards of spreadsheet use so I created an Excel tips website with blog, videos and downloads
...and have written a practical “how to excel” book.
Avoid Excel Horror Stories - how to excel at creating reliable, user-friendly spreadsheets.
Last but not least… my training and education
- I have successfully completed multiple training courses in Power Query and Power BI
- I am a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- I am certified in the SAP finance module
- I have a Physics degree from the University of Southampton