Join our experienced team of professional modellers and analysts!
Knott Consulting is a small but very successful management consultancy, supporting both large international corporations and medium-sized companies in a wide range of industries.
We specialise in the areas of business modelling and data analytics, with the aim of helping companies make informed business decisions more effectively and thus achieve better results.
We usually work remotely (in home office), but sometimes on-site with clients. We continue to grow and are looking for a Business Modelling Manager (m/f/d).
- You will work on projects for international groups and medium-sized companies. You spend about 75% of your time developing or development of flexible models, analyses and tools in Excel or Power BI for clients from various industries, e.g.
- Financial models in Excel for strategic and operational planning
- M&A models and company valuations
- Models for planning and evaluating restructuring measures
- Project planning models for large investments (e.g. wind farm, new factory)
- Excel tools for efficient planning, reporting and analysis e.g. cash flow and liquidity planning
- Cost planning and controlling tools
- Flexible data analyses to identify business insights and opportunities for improvement
These Excel and Power BI models and tools serve as a basis for our consulting or as an end result (deliverable); good Excel knowledge and experience as well as enthusiasm for Excel on your part are therefore indispensable; experience with Power BI is a plus.
- Development of training concepts and carrying out of training courses
- Support of corporate marketing incl. websites
- Supporting the management in the development of the future corporate strategy
Who you are
- You have at least three years of relevant work experience, e.g. in planning, finance, controlling, M&A or restructuring and use Excel every day
- You are highly proficient in using Excel and have plenty of relevant experience of developing models, tools and/or performing data analysis
- You may already have experience with Power Query and Power BI
- You are familiar with accounting principles (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow) and may have knowledge in corporate or project finance (e.g. financing, company valuation, NPV)
- You have a successfully completed your university studies, ideally in finance, business or other relevant subject
- You are a team player, committed, responsible and reliable, as well as diligent and solution-oriented, and you are willing to travel occasionally on business
- You are business fluent in German and English
- You are resident in Germany
What we offer
- A very dynamic working environment with interesting, varied tasks within the scope of projects for listed and medium-sized clients, without rigid hierarchies and with flexible processes
- Rapid development through interesting tasks and individual training or mentoring
- Friendly, trusting cooperation as part of a motivated team
- The opportunity to work up to 100% in home office, with IT equipment including a laptop with Microsoft Office and Teams, a monitor and docking station if required, as well as a headset and business mobile phone
- Flexible working hours or part-time model (50%+)
- Competitive remuneration including a performance-related share in the success of the company (bonus)
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application in German, including your references, which you should send to Gary Knott at the following e-mail address:
Tip: To increase the chances of success of your application, please write your application in German, make clear what relevant Excel experience you have and what appeals to you about the advertised position.